While Christmas is a time of eating, drinking and celebration, many of us quiver with dread at the thought of the extra kilos this time of year will add. But don’t despair – here are some tips that will help you navigate through all the extra calories without adding them to your waistline.
- Don’t skip meals – make sure you eat 3 normal meals on the day of the party. This means you won’t arrive at a party ravenously hungry and will prevent you eating everything in sight when you get there.
- Be a snob – that is a food snob! If you don’t love it – don’t eat it.
- Use a small dessert plate at a buffet – this will make sure you keep portions small.
- Drink lots of water and at least a glass of water between each alcoholic beverage.
- Plan exercise into your day of festivities – but be realistic! Aim to do 30 mins of exercise rather then an hour. And it doesn’t have to be at the gym. Walking instead of driving where you can, take the stairs instead of lifts, walk with the family to look at Xmas lights, play with the kids.
But most of all enjoy your day, have fun and relax!
Wishing you and your families a magical Christmas and a New Year filled with excellent health, peace and abundant joy.
Dr Pete, Glenda, Diana, Steve and Mackie.