Wheat free, dairy free, simple and delicious. An easy, healthy lunch that takes little effort and can be adapted to use whatever you have in the fridge. Don’t have chicken? Use some ham or leftover mince instead… Got no corn? No worries – add tomato.
Serves 2 adults
- 200g shredded roast chicken
- 1 x small can corn (or one cob, grilled)
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves (I used the outer leaves from a baby cos)
- Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Anything else you would like to add (these would be great with some diced avocado and tomato. I didn’t have any on hand…)
In a medium bowl, mix the shredded chicken, corn, spring onion, and any other ingredients you want to include.
Add a lug of olive oil and a good grind of salt and pepper. Stir through the chicken.
Spoon the mixture into the lettuce leaf cups, garnish with fresh herbs if you have some, and serve.